Shurat HaDin's Legacy Giving Program
What is a Legacy Giving program?
Legacy giving or ‘planned giving’ refers to gifts that supporters give after their passing.
Why Join Shurat HaDin’s Legacy Giving Program?
Because of the JUST CAUSE!
Legacy giving is one of the most significant and lasting contributions you can make to protect the Jewish people.
Because we FIGHT!
SHD is a unique organization which actively protects of our soldiers, the Jewish state and the Jewish People by going on the offence. We believe in taking the initiative and fighting fiercely and relentlessly until we win, as our moto reads: “one lawsuit at a time“.
Because we WIN!
You will be entrusting your contribution with an organization which proved itself, again and again, making the impossible over two decades.
Here are just some of SHD’s achievements over the last two decades:
- A total of 2 BILLION dollars in judgements in favour of terror victims.
- More than 500 million dollars ccollected.
- Blocking a flotilla to Hamas’ ruled Gaza by legal means.
- Hundreds of participants in our Law center student programs.
- Tens of missions to Israel,
- Tens of petitions to the Israeli Supreme Court of Justice representing terror victims.
- Tens of complaints to the ICC
- Making history in bringing the US supreme court to hear our case against social media platforms‘ impunity.
Because it carries NO COSTS!
Your contribution is made today but will only take effect when time comes.
Because you’re in CONTROL!
You can choose the goal and program your contribution will be invested in!
– What constitutes ‘legacy giving’?
Legacy giving typically includes Bequests, life insurance policies, IRAs, real estate, cash, stocks, and a percentage of the estate.
- Wills, Bequests, and Living Trusts are the most popular types of legacy giving. In their wills, donors will name what they wish to give/leave Shurat HaDin- funds, stocks, a piece of art, etc. Donors may also give Shurat HaDin a property they own (real estate) while retaining the right to use it during their lifetime.
- Beneficiary Gifts Through Insurances (for example, in a life insurance policy). Naming Shurat HaDin as a (primary/contingent) beneficiary is a simple and powerful way to support our work without updating your will.
- Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) are tax-deferred retirement plans. Donors can name Shurat HaDin as a beneficiary or recipient of a percentage of the proceeds.
– How will I know what impact my contribution would make?
Whether you’re interested in supporting our internship program, advocacy seminars, missions, the fight against BDS, war crime allegations, blocking terror funding, or filing civil lawsuits seeking compensation for terror victims, with legacy giving, you can specify how your gift will be spent. This way, you can rest assured that your legacy will be preserved as you want.
– Are there any tax benefits involved?
Legacy giving typically includes numerous tax benefits you can bring to your family.
– Can I contribute a legacy gift in a different way?
There are many ways you can contribute a legacy gift to Shurat HaDin. If you wish to learn more about leaving us a legacy gift, please contact Rachel Weiser, our CDO, at [email protected].
– How do I inform Shurat HaDin of my legacy gift?
Once you have completed arrangements with your lawyer or financial planner, you may choose to send a copy of the section of your will or trust document that details your charitable plans to Shurat HaDin.
Cement your legacy!
Ensure that you will be remembered for your generosity and commitment to combating terrorism, challenging those seeking to delegitimize the Jewish state, and safeguarding Jewish communities.
For further information on legacy gift instructions, and to inform Shurat HaDin about your bequest, please leave an email address or phone number and we’ll contact you.